Patelco Credit Union Reviews
AAnita Smith Christopher4
I moved to the Bay area in May 2016, with no place to live, but several places to stay until I was able to find an apartment. I was unable to open a bank account until I could produce two proofs of residency. This was very frustrating because it took seven months to find an apartment in SF. I wonder what people subletting do if they do not have a lease because are not the master tenant and their name is not on a utility bill. That aside, I have been pleased with their customer service and have always had a positive experience whenever I have visited a branch. Although their automatic payments seem slower, I prefer the credit union over the big banks. After living in San Francisco, I expect parking to be a challenge, but I can take care of most of my banking needs remotely.
You cannot park unless you put an app on your phone or you walk. I'm 7 miles away and it takes 30-40 minutes to get there by car. Horrible, not customer friendly location. I'm going to have to switch to someplace else to do my banking unless I park 2 to 3 miles away and walk.
JJason Fink aka earthwulf (Earthwulf)5
My mother and I have been banking here for years. The tellers are always friendly and professional. Even after we've been away for a while, people like Meddy always remember us and make us feel welcome. All services are fast and convenient.
A good credit union, great rates and low/no fees. All my customer service experiences with them have been positive. I love their updated mobile app, especially the mobile deposits.
Judging by the fully visible bad reviews, it makes me wonder what people think decent modern service should be. After banking with two of the 'Big 4' for many years, coming to Patelco was a breath of fresh air. Yes, parking is difficult at the Berkeley branch; the same would be true for any bank in downtown Berkeley. I always manage so my reaction is: "Thanks for the warning, I'll allow myself a little more time." My personal service experience with Patelco has been terrific. Friendly, accomodating and reasonably quick, it is so far superior to the corporate monsters that their occadional imperfections are comparatively minor bumps in the road.
I love this Credit Union! I am always treated so well when I come into this branch by everyone who works there. Aliza always helps me personally and is the one who got me set up with my account. She is super knowledgeable and always takes the time to make sure I understand everything. Jeff helped me get a car loan and has always been super considerate and sweet regarding my financial situation. Meddy is also great and makes me feel very welcomed and like a valued customer! Love this place!Response from the owner
Hi Ms. Gortemiller, Thank you for taking the time to write such an awesome 5-star review for our Patelco Credit Union Berkeley branch team! I will definitely share your kind words with them as well as the Regional Director. We appreciate your generosity and look forward to seeing you again. Thanks again! Kindest regards, Patrick Member Experience Specialist
I have had numerous accounts with institutions like Bof A, wells fargo, mechanics and they have all either ripped me off with BS fees or high rates or both in the case of BofA. Patelco has never once done me wrong to my knowledge. Their phone app for Android was dated and a bit of a pain in regard to check deposits initially but is good now. Highly recommend that you give them a try.
Customer service is fine but always slow. The online banking is useless. The balances are often misleading and even when it shows an 'available balance' and a cleared automatic payment days later it returns payment and charges you an insufficient fee. Also many inconvenient things cause you to need to be there in person. Not easy or convenient.
This credit union has great mobile deposit unlike Cooperative Federal Credit Union down the street, which I was a member of for years (and still have biz account there, since Patelco does not offer yet- please offer Patelco!), but they stalled and still continue to not offer mobile deposit. Patelco won my business and I've been more than happy. They also have a great money market account that actually makes really good interest.Response from the owner
Hi Ms. Mitchell, Thank you for the wonderful 5-star review and for allowing Patelco to earn your business. Regarding business accounts, you are correct - we currently do not offer a traditional business account…yet! But it has been discussed for possible future consideration. If/when this happens, we will send out a communication. We truly appreciate the compliments and look forward to serving you for your future banking needs. Have a wonderful week! Kindest regards, Patrick Member Experience Specialist
I can't sing Tasha's praises enough. She was a wealth of information as I set up my savings account. Wonderful people to deal with at Berkeley's Branch. Amit was helpful as well when he greeted as the teller. I can't believe he remembered me after just my second visit! Good people. Good interest rates. Good bank.Response from the owner
Hi Wright, Thank you for taking the time to write a great 5-star review for the Patelco Credit Union Berkeley branch. Also, thank you complimenting Tasha and Amit. I will be sure to share your kind words with the Branch Manager and Regional Director. Have a wonderful rest of your week. Kindest regards, Patrick Member Experience Specialist
Personal Loans in Your Area of Berkeley
- 3.1 (10)
- 3.6 (10)
- 3.1 (10)
- 3.9 (6)
1. How to Get in Touch With Patelco Credit Union?You can give them a phone call through this phone number +1 800-358-8228. You can also visit their website and submit your loan details online.
3. How Can I Apply for a Loan at Patelco Credit Union?To get the loan you need, you can visit their website and submit your loan details online. If you are searching for same day payday loans, you can go to our website for more details.
5. What Happens if I Fail to Repay My Loan?You may consult with your lender if you are struggling with the monthly payments. Different lenders have different solutions to payment respite. Remember to check out carefully before signing any loan agreement.
2. What Is the Address Of Patelco Credit Union? How Can I Access This Store?Patelco Credit Union is situated at 2033 Kala Bagai Wy, Berkeley, CA 94704, United States. Please carefully check the map and identify the fastest route to access it.
4. Is Patelco Credit Union an Agency or a Lender?Patelco Credit Union is a Credit union. To make your lending process hassle-free, we can link you to more than 100+ lenders over the internet. You can visit our platform to secure a personal loan online with no hard credit check.
6. Does Patelco Credit Union Offer Loans for Bad Credit?Yes, but if you want to boost your possibility of getting approved, we can help you out! Just turn to our online service to get an installment loan even with your low credit scores.