PenFed Credit Union Reviews
Would never ever recommend this place to do business with. I was forced to open an account there yesterday because the young man I sold my pick up to unfortunately got an auto loan from them. They put his name and mine on the check and then would not honor the check without me opening an account and place a 5 day hold on a check that was written that day.Response from the owner
Hi Denise, we understand that our team in the financial center tried to find the best solution for the situation. We see that the issue is resolved and are sorry for the inconvenience.
Let's just say I miss Tobyhanna Federal Credit Union. All the loan officers were friendly and helpful. Then came the mergers. Just got told my checking account has a minimum. Funny that's exactly how PNC Bank lost their branch at the Army Depot.Response from the owner
Richard, we are sorry we fell short of meeting your expectations and would like to get in touch with you to discuss your experience with us. Could you please send a note to [email protected] with your preferred contact information? Thank you, we look forward to hearing from you.
Our loan with Valor for an ATV was taken over by Pen Fed. After paying off the loan we never received the title. Told it was mailed over 2 weeks ago nothing they can do and I will have to go to the DMV and get a new title. Looked at reviews on another site and someone just posted the same thing happened to them. Not sure how this can happen to 2 people in the same week Sounds fishy to meResponse from the owner
We are sorry to hear of the problem with your title. We’d like to talk with you to see how we can help. Would you please email us at [email protected] with your preferred contact information?
If the Tobyhanna Federal Credit Union was an actual person she/he would be outrage on the poor service that Valor credit Union is giving their members. From the poor services, to the employee rudeness, to the new stupid phone verification process. This is the worst credit union I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Tobyhanna Federal Credit Union was by far the best institution, and it is a shame that it has become Valor horror credit union. What a shame indeed!!!! Terrible banking, terrible customer service and terrible system. I will definitely consider banking elsewhere and I will definitely not recommend Valor as I would not put this nightmare of a credit union on my worst enemy.
I have never had any bad experiences with this institution. Their customer service is always efficient and friendly. My husband and I have been customers of Valor/Tobyhanna for well over 20 years. Would not think of banking anywhere else.
AFter merger, so far not so good. 1st Experience: I left work early to get to PenFed before they closed, only to arrive to a parking lot full of angry customers and a paper note taped to the door saying they closed at 2:15. 2nd experience: I made the mistake of bringing my two kids, but we wanted to open a savings account for my young daughter. We arrived to a line that was almost out the door. There were only 2 tellers working, with a third counting money. After 20 minutes or so the line didn't move and the tellers were still working with the same two customers in the front. We left without accomplishing anything, and we will be searching for another bank or CU for my daughter's savings account. Also, I miss my old account number which I had for 35 years and was easy to remember.Response from the owner
Hello Tom and thank you for taking a moment to provide your feedback. We're sorry to hear that we've let you down. If you would like to email your preferred contact information to [email protected] we will have a senior manager contact you to discuss your concerns. Again thank you for the feedback as this helps us improve the member experience for all. Please know that it is our top priority to provide Best-In-Class member experience.
My parents opened my account here when I was a child, and I've banked here for 20 or so years. I had a money market savings with a significant amount of money in it. I thought that getting a few pennys a month in interest was normal. Imagine my surprise when I moved out of the area and started using a regular local bank and started receiving close to $10 a month in interest with the same type of savings account. It's a little frustrating to think about how much more money in interest I could have accumulated in that 20 years, had I banked somewhere else. Judging from the recent reviews, I'm glad I got out before the merger.Response from the owner
Hello Jay and thank you for your review. We greatly value your feedback and invite you to email us at [email protected] with more detail so that we can understand how we can serve you better. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.
Penfed Credit Union as been absolutely amazing to my family and I. I recommend! Sincerely, Mr. James.
PenFed Credit Union is a terrific place to do business they make it so easy compared to the big boys.
Been a member 30 years. Have a c.c. 4 years never missed a payment paid more thin mim. Payment. Can't get a personal loan for 500. My credit is low. I'm done with them forever.
- Personal Loans
- Payday Loans
- Title Loans
Personal Loans in Your Area of Scranton
- 2.6 (4)
- 3.8 (4)
- 3.7 (2)
1. How Can I Contact PenFed Credit Union?Simply dial this phone number +1 800-247-5626. You can also visit their website and submit your loan details online.
3. How to Secure a Loan at PenFed Credit Union?To get starterd, you can visit their website and submit your loan details online. If you are searching for payday loans, you can go to our website for more details.
5. What Happens if I Fail to Repay My Loan?You may consult with your lender if you are likely to fall behind on the monthly payments. Different lenders have different policies of overdue payment. Remember to check out carefully before signing any loan agreement.
2. What Is the Address Of PenFed Credit Union? How Can I Get There?PenFed Credit Union is situated at 315 Franklin Ave, Scranton, PA 18503, United States. Kindly take a look at the map and identify the fastest route to access it.
4. Is PenFed Credit Union an Agency or a Lender?PenFed Credit Union is a Credit union. To make your lending process smooth and quick, we connect you wth more than 100+ lenders over the internet. You can turn to our website to secure a small personal loan with no hard credit check.
6. Does PenFed Credit Union Offer Bad Credit Loans?Yes, but if you want to higher your chances of getting approved, we are here to help! Just turn to our online service to get an installment loan even with your low credit scores.